Start date: 08/16/15
End date: 08/15/17
- Guiping Hu | Iowa State University
- Jing Dong | 515-294-3957 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lizhi Wang | email@example.com | Iowa State University
- Xuesong Zhou | Xuesong.Zhou@asu.edu | Arizona State University
About the research
The objective of this project is to design a novel resilience measure for highway infrastructure, which is data-driven and based on cutting-edge bilevel optimization modeling and solution techniques. In the proof-of-concept phase of the project, the team validated the concept with a small network. In this project, the team aims to study a realistic highway network in a region in Iowa and finally the entire state highway network.
This resilience measure can be used to not only identify potential vulnerability to natural and man-made threats but also suggest effective and cost-efficient investment decisions to enhance the resilience of the highway infrastructure.
- Iowa State University
- Midwest Transportation Center