Conference/workshop papers and proceedings
- 2011: Presentations Delivered at the 2011 Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium
- 2010: Preparing Tomorrow’s Transportation Workforce: A Midwest Summit (2.02 mb pdf)
- 2008: Workshop on Intelligent Compaction for Soils and HMA (20 mb pdf)
- 2005: Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium **
- Alternatives to Truck Engine Idling Workshop, June 22–23, 2004, Des Moines, Iowa
- International Workshop on Sustainable Development and Concrete Technology, May 20–21, 2004, Bejing
- 2003: Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium **
- 2000: Mid-Continent Transportation Symposium **
- 1998: Crossroads 2000, a research conference **
- 1996: Semisesquicentennial Transportation Conference Papers **
** InTrans sponsors a biennial transportation research conference. The full text of each conference proceedings is available online in pdf format except for the first (1996), which is only available in HTML and without figures. Information used from these documents must be credited to the source/author.
- Guide to Concrete Overlays Solutions (15.6 mb *pdf) 2nd edition, September 2008
- Integrated Materials and Construction Practices for Concrete Pavement: A State-of-the-Practice Manual (off-site link)
- Iowa Statewide Urban Design Standards Manual
- Iowa Statewide Urban Standard Specifications for Public Improvements Manual
- Iowa Stormwater Management Manual
- Low Water Stream Crossings in Iowa: A Selection and Design Guide (460 k *pdf)
Note: The erosion control manuals were edited by InTrans but not written under an InTrans contract.
- Infrastructure Management Information System User Manual (1.2 mb *pdf)
- Virtual reality and laser scanning applications (334 k *pdf)
- Weigh-in-Motion Handbook
- Testing Guide for Material and Construction Optimization for Prevention of Premature Pavement Distress in PCC Pavements (6.05 mb *pdf)
- Test Summaries for Material and Construction Optimization for Prevention of Premature Pavement Distress in PCC Pavements (off-site link)
- Best Practices for Low-Cost Safety Improvements on Iowa's Local Roads (17 mb *pdf)
- Handbook of Simplified Practice for Traffic Studies
- Iowa Traffic Control Devices and Pavement Markings: A Manual for Cities and Counties
- Vehicle safety: Avoiding backing accidents (81k *pdf), poster that prints on 11 x 14 paper
- Worker safety training modules
- Snow Plow Safety (522 kb *pdf), prints on 11 x 17 paper
- Vehicle safety: Avoiding backing accidents (81k *pdf), prints on 11 x 14 paper
- Worker safety training modules: Employee handouts and trainer guides included on a variety of topics
- Get the Word Out: Public Relations Tips for Transportation Agencies (1 mb *pdf): This booklet is also available in hard copy. Please contact Jim Hogan, library coordinator, email@example.com or 515-294-9481, to request a copy.
- Tips from the Field (263kb *pdf): This booklet compiles many of the best tips that were orginally published in Technology News, Iowa's Local Technical Assistance Program newsletter.
InTrans began publishing Go! Exploring the world of transportation for teens in January 2007. The purpose of the free, online magazine is to make teens (and the adults who influence them) more aware of the variety of careers available in the transportation industry. According to the Transportation Research Board's Special Report 275: The Workforce Challenge, published in 2003, more than 50% of the state transportation agency workforce is now or will become eligible to retire by 2013, a rate that is "more than double the rate for nation's entire workforce."