Zach is a research engineer and GIS specialist at the center. He manages the Iowa Traffic Safety Data Service (ITSDS) and conducts research in the areas of safety, maintenance operations, remote sensing, asset management, and planning. A key component of many of these research efforts is the application of geographic information systems (GIS).
Additional role at InTrans and/or Iowa State University
- Research Engineer, Center for Transportation Research and Education
- Pilot Project - Demonstration of Capabilities and Benefits of Bridge Load Rating through Physical Testing
- Safety and Mobility Impacts of Winter Weather-Phase 3
- Statewide Heavy Truck Crash Assessment
- Safety and Mobility Impacts of Winter Weather - Phase I
- Horizontal Curve Identification and Evaluation