Zach is a research engineer and GIS specialist at the center. He manages the Iowa Traffic Safety Data Service (ITSDS) and conducts research in the areas of safety, maintenance operations, remote sensing, asset management, and planning. A key component of many of these research efforts is the application of geographic information systems (GIS).
Additional role at InTrans and/or Iowa State University
- Research Engineer, Center for Transportation Research and Education
- Statewide Heavy Truck Crash Assessment
- Safety and Mobility Impacts of Winter Weather-Phase 3
- Horizontal Curve Identification and Evaluation
- Safety and Mobility Impacts of Winter Weather - Phase I
- Bridge Rails and Approach Railing for Low-Volume Roads in Iowa (TR-592)