GO! Further Summer Workshop for High School Students
04/08/2015 – Are you a high school student interested in learning more about engineering? Or maybe you want to strengthen your leadership skills and participate in exciting team building activities? The Iowa…
About the Midwest Transportation Center
The Midwest Transportation Center (MTC) is one of 10 regional University Transportation Centers sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology (USDOT/OST-R). The MTC is funded by the 2012 federal transportation bill, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21).
The research focus area for the MTC is "State of Good Repair," a key program under MAP-21. The MTC will focus its research on data-driven performance measures of transportation infrastructure, traffic safety, and project construction.
In addition to research, the grant from USDOT/OST-R is supporting education programs, leadership development, diversity promotion, and outreach efforts.
The MTC is a consortium of six universities and will include researchers and students from each:
- Iowa State University (lead university; partner leader Shauna Hallmark)
- Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska (partner leader Ravi Nath)
- Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis, Missouri (partner leader Fatemeh Zakery)
- University of Missouri, Columbia in Columbia, Missouri (partner leader Charles Nemmers)
- University of Missouri, St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri (partner leader Ray Mundy)
- Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas (partner leader Pingfeng Wang)
Iowa State University is the lead institution, and the Center is administered through ISU's Institute for Transportation.
Seward County Community College in Liberal, Kansas, is also a collaborator.
Researchers at the partner schools will work with their state transportation departments and other agencies to identify transportation projects and programs important to the Midwest and the various states.
Midwest Transportation Center
2711 S. Loop Dr, Suite 4700
Ames, IA 50010-8664
Copyright © 2015, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.