"Build a Better Mousetrap" winners for 2005
Judges from this year's Mousetrap competition.
City, county, and state workers submit-ted eight innovations in the "Build a Better Mousetrap" competition on September 8, 2005, during the Iowa Maintenance Training Expo in Ames. Six winners were chosen:
- skidloader attachment rack, Trent Sorgenfrey and Denny Petersen, Iowa DOT—Tipton
- plow mounting procedure change for Wausau Down Pressure Plow, Glenn Hansen and Todd Cogdill, Iowa DOT—Onawa
- hydraulic hose organizer for batwing mower, Glenn Hansen and Todd Cogdill, Iowa DOT—Onawa
- truck mounted edge rut blade, Kim Christensen and Dale Anderson, Iowa DOT—Le Mars
- island marker, Tim Branam, Daryl Davis, and Pete Wonders, Iowa DOT—DeSoto
- improved hitch and wheels on one- man edge rutter, Kim Christensen and Dale Anderson, Iowa DOT—Le Mars
Each winning team received $100. Articles about each "mousetrap" will be published in Technology News throughout the year.
Two entries received an "honorable mention" award:
- front mount narrow shoulder edge rutter, Garry Carlson and Randy Nees, Iowa DOT—Rockwell City and Sac City
- jetter head, Dick Banowetz, Iowa DOT—DeWitt
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all who submitted entries.