This workshop is the classic low-cost presentation of basic flagging principles and work zone safety. This three-to four-hour workshop will
- teach basic principles of flagging
- demonstrate recommended flagging
- illustrate some common applications of flagging
cover the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Part 6
- Fundamental Principles
- Elements of a TTC Zone
- TTC Devices
- Pedestrian and Work Safety
This workshop can be brought to your agency (Iowa only). Since this program is primarily sponsored by federal and state highway
safety funds, there is only a minimal charge for government agencies. This training meets the minimum requirements of Iowa
Department of Transportation specifications.
Who Should Attend?
- Employees from cities and counties who perform flagging on the job or who supervise or train flaggers.
- Anyone who has attended a work zone safety workshop in recent years and desires a more concentrated program on flagging.
Participants will receive flagger handbooks and certificates of completion.