Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2015.
The Iowa Department of Transportation and the Iowa State University Institute for Transportation are offering high school educators the opportunity to participate in a one-week professional development workshop to become more acquainted with traffic technology and other transportation concepts. At the conclusion of the workshop educators will have skills and resources to engage students in STEM learning through hands on instruction, field experiences and interactions with transportation professionals.
This learning experience will allow educators to:
- Participate in seminars with transportation experts through the Iowa DOT and Institute for Transportation
- Experience field trips to better understand the world of transportation
- Collaborate with other educators to develop transportation themed lesson plans to use in the classroom
- Receive a $500 classroom supply mini grant to implement transportation lesson plans
- Receive an $800 stipend for completing program requirements
All programs take place near Iowa State University
Tentative Program Dates: June 15 – 19, 2015
For further information, please contact: