InTrans' mission is to develop and implement innovative methods, materials, and technologies for improving transportation efficiency, safety, and reliability, while improving the learning environment of students, faculty, and staff in transportation-related fields.
- research. We focus on applied research in the wide variety of disciplines that affect transportation.
- educational activities. We sponsor undergraduate and graduate students from many transportation-related disciplines, providing them with a rigorous academic program and with significant research opportunities and professional experiences. InTrans' educational programs help build a human infrastructure prepared to address current and future transportation challenges.
- outreach. We act as a conduit between the academic community and transportation practitioners, adapting technology and research results to practitioners needs and giving practitioners a voice in setting research agendas. These outreach activities are a natural function of Iowa State Universitys mission as a land-grant institution.
- local and regional transportation agencies (counties, cities, metropolitan planning organizations, regional planning affiliations, etc.).
- departments of transportation at the federal and state level and other federal and state agencies with transportation-related missions.
- private sector transportation interests including shippers, carriers, manufacturers of transportation vehicles and equipment, and transportation consultants.
- Iowa State Universitys academic transportation community in all colleges and departments.
- service. We respond to the needs of the transportation community and its development.
- quality products. We provide tangible productsworkshops, reports, computer programs, new processes and designs, etc.that fulfill our clients needs.
- teamwork. We consider all relevant perspectives regarding transportation issues, building teams consisting of academic resources from all disciplines and partners from the private and public sectors.
- objectivity. We perform impartial academic research, employing rigorous methods and standards.
- ethics. We provide honest advice and recommendations and strive to meet or exceed our commitments.